The other me

The other me

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Things I learnt in university..

Okay so I am in year four and since I tend to reflect a lot so here are certain valuable lessons that university taught me outside the classroom (where i was mostly present! ). As i keep learning i will keep updating it!

1. Engineering is not for me. :D

2. I am at my most productive in the afternoons academically and at nights creativity-wise. ;)

3. The gossips I hear are way better than xoxo gossip girl. (no i dont watch it! i swear!) :P

4. Doing something stupid is not optional!

5. Retail therapy begins at nanyang!

6. Friendships change, friends change even faster.

7. Webcasts are false assurances at best.

8. Experience the feeling of walking into an exam hall completely unprepared and still manage a smile.

9. Making innuendos out of thin air IS a talent.

10. Being nice to everybody earns you friends, but doesn't bring you close to anyone.

11. It takes courage to not pass on gossip

12. The words "swear you will not tell to anybody" means you can tell it to your BFF, and they will tell it to theirs and so on so forth.

13. Nothing scandalous you do will remain hidden, nothing!

14. Say something nice to someone random atleast once a day, helps your karma!

15. Do not talk about delhi to delhi ppl (not even praise) or about AR Rehman to ppl from chennai! both get physically violent! :P

16. Everyone has "bahut kaam" whenever you are making plans.

17. Everyone wants you to make plans!

18. No matter how we talk to ladies in our batch, we guys will still form a protective circle around them in clubs when strange men dance too close! :)

19. We talk. A lot

20. Your batchmates get prettier. Every year!

21. Girls do not go to clementi for "shopping" :D

22. You must decide ur preference between buttocks or breasts and defend it vehemently for all four years! :P

23. Very few things excite me as much as dance. Very few

24. Whenever you ask your friends for an outing be prepared with a namelist of ppl who are confirmed coming, everyone will ask "who all coming?"

25. Enjoy dinners at pgp canteens, they are known to bring people closer.

26. Facebook stalking is not only allowed, its encouraged.

27. It is a mutual agreement between both sexes that there are no good looking guys or girls in our batch! :P

28. Couples are socially self sufficient.

29. Singles generally take away food. :P

30. Nobody can be 100% nice.

31. When you meet people and hit it off instantly, hold on to them. They might become special.

32. Everyone needs a hug one time or another.

33. A heart to heart conversation never goes out of fashion.

34. I have grown to love myself. With all my flaws.


PS: These are based on personal experiences. You are free to agree or disagree. :)





9 comments:

  1. this is just brilliant.
    I could relate to most of it.
    To be precise: 4, 6, 10, 11, 15, 16, 20, 26, 30, 31, 32, 33 and 34

    like I have already said.. i love the way you write. Its so simple and lucid. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. is this realization y u wanted to give me a hug yday? :|
    nice list waise. now i want to make 1 too :D
    but i have "bahut kaam" so lets see :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Lagna: Thanks Lagna! glad you like'em!

    @Thima: Thanks! much appreciated!

    @Swati: Haha thanks! and yes you should make a list as well and then between you and me we would hav covered everything :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. good ones bitch !
    my personal fav, num 13

    ReplyDelete